Services Available From The Practice
GP practices are contracted to provide ‘essential services’, that is, basic treatment of ill people. We also provide the following ‘additional services’:
- Child health surveillance, together with the health visiting team.
- Contraceptive services. Specialist services such as IUCD insertion and contraceptive implants are available.
- Maternity services in the antenatal and postnatal period, together with the midwives from the Queen Elizabeth University Hospital.
- Routine immunisation of children.
- Immunisation for adults in relation to travel. (Not all travel immunisations are available on the NHS - please ask our practice nurse for details.)
- Cervical smears.
- Freezing of warts and other small skin lesions.
We also hold contracts with GGNHSB for the following 'enhanced services':
- An annual flu immunisation programme to protect the elderly and those at risk.
- Regular monitoring, by blood and urine tests, of patients on a specific range of drugs for arthritis and bowel problems.
- Comprehensive reviews for patients with heart disease, diabetes, and stroke.
- Minor surgery.